Trude's Adventures in Wien and surrondings...

13 September 2006

Email I sent Aug 27

Vienna is awesome. Actually I haven't seen any of the city yet, just had a 3 day orientation in the Alps. People are pretty cool. My roommate is a Tennessee girl who goes to Wellesley and is very sweet and we had the 2nd to worst number but somehow lucked out because there were two of us instead of the big groups other people had. I am in the nicest two person appartment (that should have been three) with wireless!! and it is huge and old and beautiful and it couldn't be more convenient; it's right between the inner ring and outer ring in a district full of students with streetcar, grocery store and wiener (sausage) stand all visible from the front door. Also my landlord is a student coordinator for the program and doesn't charge us the fees the other land lords do (that means, I have an extra bed in my appartment that anyone can crash at for free). I start 3 weeks of intensive German tomorrow which will include tours of the city, then a week break, then classes. Admittedly I haven't had to cook for myself yet but I'll be hitting up the Wiener stand a lot and all the jazz clubs that are 2 blocks away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home